The 12 Weighs of Christmas
Published on December 8, 2017
Follow these tips to stay healthy and happy this holiday season, no matter how many times you step on the scale:
- 1. Eat four to six smaller meals rather than SAVING yourself for that special holiday meal
- 2. Plan a workout before a holiday party or big meal
- 3. In contrast to our SPORTS MENTALITY to pick up the pace, when eating, SLOW DOWN!
- 4. Remember the law of diminishing returns – you receive less pleasure when you eat more food
- 5. Take advantage of NUTRITIONALLY DENSE holiday foods (cranberries, turkey, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- 6. Offer to bring a healthy dish to holiday parties
- 7. Try recipe modification- substitute healthier, lower calorie ingredients
- 8. Beware of liquid calories, especially alcohol
- 9. Eat a healthy meal or snack before you head to a party
- 10. Small nibbles can be big trouble! Don’t HANG OUT at the appetizer table when socializing at a party and be sure to steer clear of the unhealthy hors d’oeuvres.
- 11. Drop the D WORD and focus on simply maintaining your weight during the holiday season
- 12. Pass on the mundane…enjoy the festive foods you love in reasonable portions and pass on the ones you can have any time