Published on April 15, 2019
Employee retention refers to the ability of an organization to retain its employees. Employee retention can be represented by a simple statistic (for example, a retention rate of 80% usually indicates that an organization kept 80% of its employees in a given period). However, many consider employee retention as relating to the efforts by which employers attempt to retain the employees in their workforce. In this sense, retention becomes the strategies rather than the outcome. In today’s aggressive labor force and economy, retention plays a critical role in demonstrating how a company invests in the betterment of its employees in order to consistently meet and exceed expectations.
We currently have over 2,700 employees on our team, with a retention rate of 95%. Below are a few of the strategies that we have in place to remain successful with employee retention:
- Paragon conducts Leadership and Employee Satisfaction Surveys to collect feedback from our employees. We also create action plans to promote continuous improvement and support to our employees.
- ER3 Celebrations (Recruitment, Retention and Recognition). Tenure recognition and staff appreciation celebrations are conducted at all locations. We put value in our employees and their longevity and believe that they are worthy of commendation.
- Education – PCA Funds and PCA/PTO are available to all eligible employees to assist with Continuing Education/Professional Dues. The Trilogy Foundation is also available for tuition reimbursement as well as loan forgiveness. Paragon encourages professional and clinical growth; the PCA allows employees to better serve residents and the facility.
- Organizational Structure – Paragon’s Home Office Team is structured to provide quick responses and support to our employees. Local Home Office support in the campuses allows employees a direct access to our team for any immediate questions/concerns.
- Benefits Package – A variety of employee benefit programs are available to eligible employees (Health, HSA, 401k, PTO, Weekly Pay, etc.).
At Paragon, we strive to create meaningful relationships with our employees. With our positive culture and employee engagement efforts, we will continue to be successful with retention and satisfaction within our company.