Paragon’s Response to the COVID-19 Virus
At Paragon Rehabilitation, the health and well-being of our residents and employees is always our first priority. Therefore, we are taking extra precautions over the coming weeks and months to ensure that our teams remain guarded against the spread of viral infections. We are following recommendations from the CDC, CMS, and/or state officials.
Additionally, we are providing our employees, residents, visitors and vendors with ongoing education regarding proper hygiene practices. This includes heightened awareness about the importance of hand-washing, coughing and sneezing etiquette, and the frequent sanitizing of all surfaces.
We understand that we care for our country’s most vulnerable population, and we are committed to ensuring their health and happiness. Every member of our Paragon team is dedicated to this mission, and we will always operate with our residents’ best interests at heart.
For questions, please contact 1-800-908-8618.
What We Are Doing For Our Residents & Patients
- Continue to provide ongoing communication with residents and families
- Compliance Hotline fielding additional questions
- Performing infection control peer reviews consisting of questions geared at ensuring infection control policies and strategies that are being completed at the campus level. This involves review of kitchen, meal service, nursing care and basic hand hygiene procedures.
What We Are Doing For Our Employees
- Screening all employees
- Educating our therapy teams about COVID-19, potential exposure, and restricted visitation
- Providing continuing education on infection prevention, appropriate hand hygiene, and standard precautions
- Non-essential travel ban has been put into place
- Enacting Emergency Operations Procedures in the event of emergency
What We Are Doing For Our Partners
- Continue to provide therapy services while adhering to current guidelines from CMS & CDC
- Assist with the reduction of facility traffic by providing only essential onsite support visits
- All employees are cooperating with required screening process in skilled nursing facility settings in which we operate
- Established response protocols for adequate therapy staffing during a pandemic emergency
- Offering resources and education
What We Are Doing For Our Community
- When outpatient therapy services are provided within a skilled nursing or assisted living setting, all outpatients are screened prior to entering the facility
- All Home Health patients are screened prior to treatment
- Canceling community events